Table of Content
Dwarf Hair Grass Information
Scientific name: Eleocharis parvula
USDA Hard zone: 4 – 9
Lighting: Sun to partial shade
As a great choice for novice and seasoned aquarium keepers, Dwarf Hairgrass is a stunning bottom covering the plant with green grass-like leaves. In order for the species to propagate or spread out in a carpet of grass, it uses runners. Most people take advantage of the Dwarf Hairgrass as it can make a wonderful spawning medium and a great foreground plant. Unlike other grass species, it is amphibious. As a matter of fact, it can thrive in either partially or completely submersed area.
From 70 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit of water, the Dwarf Hairgrass can be kept. But, make sure it has a neutral PH. It appreciates a substrate that is soft, as well as rich in fertilizer. To attain a better outcome, provide it with enough or moderate lighting. In every gallon or more, 2 watts of a light bulb is ideal.
Dwarf Hairgrass Carpet
Also known as Eleocharis Parvula, Dwarf Hairgrass is recognized as one of the most common carpeting plants you can use for your aquarium hobby. It is easy to grow and appealing when you do the planting process correctly.
Dwarf Hairgrass Care
If you have heard that it dies off fast, it is just a misconception. Based on my experience, it can last in the long run. It is not a demanding plant. In fact, it is easy to grow and requires a low maintenance. By just giving the right conditions, it will explode with vivacious lush.
But, cleaning it is a bit tricky, more especially if it is your first carpet. As time goes on, proper and relevant maintenance will never be daunting on your part. You can put other cleaning inhabitants to achieve optimal comfort. For a better result, seek assistance from a qualified service provider. If it is expensive, you can do cleaning yourself.
How to Plant Dwarf Hairgrass?
When you are planning to plant Dwarf Hairgrass but don’t know how to get started, the following steps will help you.
- Take the plant out of your pot. Within a few minutes, you can take the Dwarf Hairgrass out of your pots. If you will do the process for many times, ask help from one of the household members to finish the task on time.
- Separate the clump into chunks. When separating the clump into smaller chunks, keep in mind that each should have 10 or 15 blades.
- Utilize a set of any planting tweezer to insert clump into the substrate.
- Trim it for an ideal horizontal growth.After a few days, never forget to give it a trim. That way, it will grow in a manner you truly desire.
- Ensure conditions for the next 3 or 4 weeks. Though you have a hectic schedule, provide responsive or relevant conditions. At the end of the day, you will achieve an incredible Dwarf Hairgrass without regrets.
Dwarf Hairgrass for Sale
Want to make a purchase? Search online for a wide array of service providers. With just a click of a mouse, you will have quality Dwarf Hairgrass. But, you should be more careful when choosing the plant to have an amazing investment.